What is “cumulative advantage” and how do you get it?
Best-selling Author (and long-term friend) Mark Schaefer thinks he has hit on the answer in his latest book “Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for Your Ideas, Business, & Life Against All Odds” which guides readers on a path that helps them stand out in a world of overwhelming information density when sometimes even being “great” is not enough.
If you’ve ever wanted to know how online influence really works, how power has shifted to people, and how marketers must behave post-pandemic then you need to listen to the latest episode of the Actionable Futurist Podcast where I spoke with best-selling author Mark Schaefer about his latest book Cumulative Advantage.
Listen via the player below, head to podc.st/s3e5 or search for “Actionable Futurist Podcast” in your favourite app.
Mark and I met around 10 years ago when I was CEO of Kred, and we’ve been firm friends since.
His new book, “Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for Your Ideas, Business, & Life Against All Odds” guides readers on a path that helps them stand out in a world of overwhelming information density, when sometimes even being “great” is not enough.
Topics covered included:
- The genesis of influencer marketing
- How we can all gain a cumulative advantage
- Why it’s time for marketers to be humble
- The opportunity for TikTok
- How serendipity can play a huge role in your life and career
- Mark’s view on the demographics for each social network
- How social media will fracture
- How we now live in a world of infinite media
- Harnessing the era of unintended consequences for marketers